Hurricane Harvey was the first major hurricane to make landfall in the United States since Wilma in 2005, ending a record 12-year period with no major hurricanes making landfall in the United States. In a four-day period, many areas received more than 40 inches (1,000 mm) of rain as the system meandered over eastern Texas and adjacent waters, causing catastrophic flooding. With peak accumulations of 51.88 in (1,318 mm), Harvey is the wettest tropical cyclone on record in the contiguous United States. The resulting floods inundated hundreds of thousands of homes, displaced more than 30,000 people, and prompted more than 17,000 rescues.
COH Mission Objectives & What Your Donations will do
The Coalition of Hope Foundation (COH) with the support of Pathfinders Task Force®(PTF) and The Eagles Wings Foundation (EWF) seek your immediate assistance in establishing an Incident Command Post (ICP) at a Mega Church located in downtown Houston, Texas. Your donations will:
- Provide for the safety and welfare of citizens and the Pathfinders Task Force (PTF), comprised of hundreds of career and volunteer first responders.
- Establish a PTF Incident Command Post (ICP) in downtown, Houston, Texas.
- Implement a system to identify, account for, and provide oﬃcials with a listing of homebound and displaced citizens that have been aﬀected by Harvey in the downtown Houston area.
- Establish a PTF base of operations that can provide mass feeding, temporary shelter, security, and basic medical first aid until homebound and displaced citizens can either be transported to a more permanent location or provided with life sustaining support locally.
- Establish a PTF responder communications network to maintain contact with the PTF field responders on duty and out in the field while conducting door to door surveys for homebound and displaced citizens and staﬃng Points of Distribution (PODS).
- Implement a PTF Volunteer Reception Center that includes safety and operations training to build a force multiplier to assist National Guard and other first responders in conducting response and relief operations.
- Establish a logistics unit within the PTF Incident Support Team at the ICP to maintain support for the PTF responders made up of a host of volunteer organizations and career responders.
- Maintain situational awareness through a systematic planning process for tasking, collecting, processing, analyzing, and disseminating information using smartphone software systems.
Some Incredible Statistics*
- Harvey has caused at least 51 confirmed deaths.
- Over 50” of rainfall were measured in certain areas
- Forecasters estimate Harvey dumped between 15-20 trillion gallons of water across Texas
- 185,149 homes estimated to have been damaged or destroyed
- 364,000 people have registered for FEMA assistance
- 42,399 people currently in shelters
- Estimates vary, but currently damage costs are near $160,000,000,000.00
* As of September 1, 2017